Tuesday, September 26, 2006






DAY TEN Sept.26
Guess where the girls are?
That's right. I do my thing, they do theirs... Really, I'm glad they're here. Kathy leaves Thursday, and so does Deb, who's going to Vietnam until Sunday, for some orphanage.

FLASH! stem cells today- a day early. It's 9PM now. What an ordeal. Evidently I'm some sort of alien, and they took a painful hour trying to locate my lumbar #1. I was within a minute of being hauled downstairs to surgery. I would've been the first. I'm still a little woozy, but the blog must go on.

I had to lie on my back, flat for six hours, to "marinate the meat." Evdiently the girls knew ahead of time, but chose not to tell me. I wish they had, as I wouldn't have drank so much water. Had to pee something awful right away, but had to hold it. That was miserable. Glad it's over though, and no trace of a headache, which I was convinced I would get.

Before all this, I was going to say I felt pretty good today. Fell asleep in acupuncture and woke up to a laughing Dr. Shu. I must've been snoring. The bike was easier and I went for an extra five minutes. Walking better, though I have to concentrate, and surprise stops and changing directions is still difficult. I believe I'm getting more feeling in my toes.

Gabi from Romania arrived for his second visit today. He was paralyzed from a fall from the neck down, was here in Feb. got good results; feeling from the neck down, trunk control, can stand with assistance. He's back for six more injections. He speaks English very well.

The Spanish Doctor (Zaid, who turns out to be Palestinian) and his family are leaving Thurs. also. He was practicing writing the other day (a Doctor practicing penmanship?). He has ataxia, like me, and is walking much more steadily, though he won't say so. He seemed to be satisfied with his writing, though.