Thursday, September 28, 2006

DAY TWELVE Sept. 28
Not feeling so good today. Worked too hard yesterday and my bones ache. That exersize bike was made for much smaller people. Kathy will be leaving in a few hours. I'm glad she came along to give Sally some company.

A new Parknson's patient arrived today.

It is a national holiday next week, so some of the staff will be gone. I'm scheduled for more stem cells Wednesday, but they haven't been right yet. Our host Jon, who's an American, is nowhere to be seen. Says he's actually in the States, for another few weeks, so we'll miss him altogether. Communication is therefore spotty, and It took some talking to get out of part of Physical therapy. One person promised me a massage for my sore back, but managed to get some heat pads anyway. Dr. Zaid, who left today, suggested my blood pressure might be too low, causing fatigue and worse balance than normal. He said to tell the nurses to take a standing blood pressure, and then a prone one five minutes later. Impossible to get across. Zaid was walking much better, BTW. I guess I just go with the flow, just like an American hospital.