Tuesday, October 03, 2006

DAY SEVENTEEN Oct. 3

Stem cell day. Around 2 PM. With any luck I'll finish the blog entry later tonight.

Feet seem to come and go. They are better during the day. They are very ticklish at night, like a buzzing. The texture of my socks bother me, but I'm bothered more when they are off. Still have about 75% improvement.

Can't eat or drink anything for 3 hours before spinal. Then will have to wait for at least 4 to 6 hours after to get up. It makes it simpler deciding where to eat!

Emails are OK now. Our Novaspace server was down for awhile. Sally's Hotmail account isn't affected. The official Holiday is the anniversary of the union, but locally, it's just the annual mid-autumn festival. It lasts a week, but most get only three days off.

Starting to cool off a little. Rained briefly the other day.

The nurse came in about 3 and told me they're ready.

LATER... The did the first injection in my room, but this time took me to my bed in another room. Much smoother this time. Only took 15 minutes. the only pain was the anesthetic and some new nurses tring (in vein, LOL) to give me an IV. Then they wheeled my bed and me back to my room, for the six hours on my back. "Listened" to a few movies, and then ate. Dr Yang, head of Neurology and the Lady Dr. (who gave me the injection) came in and saw to it I was OK, after the first few minutes. He asked about my feet (said he had been reading my blog), which at that point felt like blocks of ice, but still warm to the touch. Dr. Yang said to find him if I had any more concerns, and told me to get some sleep. The icy feet fortunately quit after a couple hours, along with an attack of restless legs. Maybe it was the Mirapex I took, maybe the stem cells, maybe both. I was glad it was gone, whatever. Moved around more than last time, but no ill effects, after six hours.

I see Dr. Shu again tomorrow.