Monday, October 02, 2006

DAY SIXTEEN Oct 2

It was too good to be true about my feet. They went dead again last night. Woke up some this morning. Maybe it was the pizza. They do feel better now, but it's hard to keep them feeling warm, even though they're warm to the touch.

Went down to voice today after my IV. At voice, Sunny came in and invited us to lunch at the Xin Tao hotel, where Kathy stayed. Very classy, but everything was Chinese. We took a long time orderimg, through Camillia, as Sally won't eat the meat or fish. Ordered, and then Camilia left. No Sunny either. The staff took pity on us trying to eat in vain with chopsticks, and brought out silverware.

Two things that have baffled us: No one uses napkins (which they never have anyway), and they don't add up the bill, which was in Chinese. The waitress got the manager who spoke English, and it still took awhile to get the total. We can't make anyone understand. Jon, you are missed here. Maybe you're supposed to carry your own napkins like you do your own toilet paper.

Stem cells tomorrow afternoon. Hope it goes easier than the last time. At least I know what to expect. Your body gets used to it, also, I hear. Thinking about getting a fifth injection. We'll be here long enough. It's an extra $2K.

The doctor came in and inquired about my feet. I wasn't sure what to say. She explained that the Chinese medicine IV was saline mixed with a nerve grower Which accounts for the yellowish color. Saline is clear. I get that IV every morning.

We're enjoying our vacation from work, too. They seem to be handling everything at Novaspace OK. We were worried.

The plan is to turn this into a children's ward, sand send the adults to Qingdao,, up north, where Jon lives. That's happening, as the common room is filled with toys, and children's laughter (and crying.)

Late at night now. Still can't get my email. I think our server is down again at home. My feet
are driving me bananas, and I can't breathe. I miss the light, dry air of home.